Tuesday 24 November 2015

Work Diary - Portraiture

In the morning lesson we were tasked with take portraits of other people within the class and looking at different photographers that take portraiture photos. I enjoyed look at the photos and different ways in which the portraits were taken. When I went in the studio and took the photos I found this part fun however it was hard at first to get the model to show the right emotion as I wasn't exactly sure what look I was going for so I struggled with this bit to begin with however after a while i got the hang of it and managed to get the look I was going for.

Below is a photo from the shoot that I like
Camera Settings - 1/125 sec f/8 ISO 200


I like this photo because it is a really simple portrait and I edited the photo to help show the emotion in the photograph and shows the sadness in the person and the photograph. I like the position of the lighting and the simple nature of of the photograph. I like the dark tones of the photo as it add to the emotion of the photo. 

Below is a photo from the shoot that I don't like 


 I don't like this photo because it isn't straight on. I don't feel like this is a strong photo because I feel like it shows depth rather than portraiture. I think that this photo would have looked better if it was straight on and I feel like this is a weak image and it could be made stronger if I took it from straight on and made her look up rather than lowering myself. 

Progression 

If I were to go and reshoot portraiture I would like to do it with a range of people with different backgrounds to get used to taking group photos and getting the right background for certain people. I would like to also try taking portraiture at different angles and heights in order to get the best photographs. 





1 comment:

  1. Good analysis with regards to self evaluation, you are considering the emotions evoked from your portraits as a consequence of posing..

    ReplyDelete